Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Forest Lake
We decided that since we had not had a long enough weekend in Moab, We would take Monday off and go play some more. We went up American Fork Canyon, to Forest Lake for the afternoon. I had never been up there and heard it was a pretty ride. All summer wanted to go camping so this counted for my camping trip I guess. Cody said I could drive up. (Once again I was excited and there was even hills this time) I thought it was going to be fun little trail. It turned out to be really bumpy, rocky and muddy it was so fun. The leafs were so orange and gold, I love the fall colors. The leafs were gone the further we got up. A little earlier and it would have been so pretty at the lake. We took up some wood for a fire, I had made chicken and steak tin foil dinners not to brag but they were amazing. I also packed Smores stuff the best desert ever. On the way down we bundled up more cause once your moving the breeze was cold. We started to head down around 4-5 it gets cold fast up there. It was a great relaxing day. I love the great Outdoors.

Staying warm by the Camp Fire eating the perfect messy Smore

Another tree stump picture. Looking hot in our bright orange!!

Trying to stay warm on the way down, you can almost see my face with the goggles on.

3 comments:

The Astle Family said...

Looks like fun! S'mores are the best! Glad you had a good time.

Calvin said...

So, was it a bear, a moose, or a porcupine that held the camera for you?

Stephanie said...

Hi Paige! I didn't know you had a blog til I saw it on Megan's list today. So fun to see what you are up to. It was fun to see you all in St. George. I have a blog too. If you want an invite to mine, send me your email address to andesteph@gmaiol.com
See you!